United Hospice has a new and exciting opportunity for a compassionate and experienced Nurse Practitioner with Hospice experience, to join our talented team. As we prepare to expand our services to Orange County, we are seeking an Orange County-based Hospice NP to work initially on an as-needed basis.
It is essential our employees have an understanding and commitment to hospice philosophy of care. Working with a diverse patient population, you must be able to communicate effectively, while sustaining a caring, kind and professional disposition. The successful candidate will have strong clinical assessment skills and excellent written and verbal communication.
As NP, you will provide physical examination, diagnosis, treatment, consultation and follow-up for patients under the supervision and direction of our Medical Director. As an integral member of the interdisciplinary team, you will collaborate and contribute to the development of the patient’s plan of care. You will prescribe medications including controlled substances to the extent delegated and licensed. You will order diagnostic tests and treatments as needed. You recognize situations which require the immediate attention of a physician and emergency care.
▪ Master’s degree and have graduated from a New York State approved Nurse Practitioner program;
▪ Currently licensed and certified as a Nurse Practitioner in a related practice specialty area, by a national certifying organization acceptable to New York State;
▪ Must have a Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) number in order to prescribe and dispense narcotic and controlled substances, having completed the pharmacotherapeutic requirement enabling independent prescriptive privileges;
▪ The qualified candidate must have at least two years recent clinical NP experience in either hospice or hospital-based med/surg nursing, with electronic medical record competence. Admission and end-of-life care experience preferred;
▪ Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI).
Health insurance, 401k and profit sharing, generous paid time off and Education Assistance is available for benefits eligible employees with scheduled hours of thirty (30) or more.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in joining our dedicated and talented team at United Hospice!