Honoring Life, Giving Care, Bringing Comfort.
United Hospice of Rockland envisions a community in which all individuals and their loved ones facing serious illness retain their dignity and hope while receiving the best care and support that hospice has to offer.
At United Hospice of Rockland (UHR), we are committed to our mission of honoring life, giving care and bringing comfort to our patients and their families. To ensure that we are fulfilling our mission, our directors, leaders, employees and volunteers are obligated to uphold and promote our Shared Values. Our Shared Values help define what we are, what we do, and what we aspire to be.
The Shared Values of UHR are Excellence, Compassion, Integrity and Teamwork. The following Values Statement is to be upheld by all associated with the service delivery at United Hospice of Rockland.
- We deliver exemplary care and highest quality service through the dedicated efforts of every team member to enhance the quality of life for those we serve.
- We assure that our staff and volunteers are well-trained, respected and provided with education and support for their professional and personal growth.
- We are recognized as a community leader for the care we provide and serve as an expert in the industry.
- We strive for continuous improvement in all the work that we do.
- We value the dignity of those we serve and their right to choose and self-determination.
- We incorporate families and loved ones as our partners in providing care.
- We are guided by kindness, consideration and respect in caring for our patients, loved ones and team members.
- We do the right thing, treating patients, families and one another as we wish to be treated.
- We adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics.
- We respect and embrace the variety of cultural and religious traditions within our community.
- We accept responsibility for our actions and honor our commitments.
- We are responsible stewards for all resources provided to us.
- We value the contributions made by all team members, blending the skills of our entire organization in unsurpassed collaboration to ensure we achieve successful outcomes.
- We support each other’s efforts, are respectful of one another, value each other’s knowledge, and promote team wellness.
- We are richer and stronger because of our diversity which unifies us in providing outstanding care.