Hope & Healing Services
UHR's Hope & Healing Program
at the Provident Bank Hope & Healing Center
The Hope and Healing Program is supported in part by The Jeffrey David Walerstein Foundation.
Grieving is a healthy and normal response to any loss. It is important to find support that can give you the strength to live a healthy and full life while you work through your grief.
United Hospice of Rockland specializes in bereavement support. Our Hope & Healing Program is one of the only places where you will find specially trained counselors, clinical social workers and volunteers who have a unique expertise in all aspects of bereavement. Our bereavement support team can help you through the grieving process, guiding you to a place where you can find peace of mind.
These pages provide information on UHR's bereavement support services, as well as educational materials that may help you through the process. Just click on the links below:
- Hope and Healing Brochure
- Grief Support Services
- Handling An Estate: Professional Guidance When You Need It Most
- Support Group Schedules
- Common Reactions to Grief
- Common Questions from Someone Who is Grieving
- Living with Grief – Myths and Realities
- How To Help Someone Who Is Grieving
- Children and Grief
Individual Support Sessions are offered with a specially-trained bereavement counselor who will work with you in a quiet, secure environment taking the greatest measures to always respect your privacy and your needs.
Bereavement Support Groups are offered for family members and friends who share a similar loss. We coordinate separate groups for those who have lost a parent or sibling, and groups for those who have lost a child.
The Healing Hearts Program offers support for families with children, ages 3-18, who have lost a loved one. Healing Hearts brings children and parents (or guardians) together for group activities, then breaks families into groups for age appropriate support. Bereavement support for children provides special activities including art, play and music therapies. Parents (or guardians) receive the support they need as well as practical guidance to address the needs of their children. In the Spring of each year, the program holds a Memorial Rock Garden Dedication. The Healing Hearts Program is funded in part by the Wireless Zone Foundation for Giving.
- HEAL (Hospice Equine Assisted Loss) Therapy Program, a collaboration between UHR’s Healing Hearts children’s bereavement program and Full Circle Equine Centered Activities is offered annually. The highly successful program is based on the belief that horses can be valuable partners in the healing process, facilitating communication that may not take place any other way. If you would like to get involved in the HEAL program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crisis Intervention/Customized Bereavement Program: Our crisis intervention team will work with your school, business, congregation or community organization to develop a customized plan to meet your needs.
- 13 months of individual support
- Bereavement support groups
- Access to all of our services, including the Healing Hearts Program
Because we’re all unique and everyone grieves differently, the UHR Hope & Healing Program offers several choices to help you.
If you have lost a family member or friend under Hospice care, there is never a cost for any of our services.
UHR’s Hope & Healing Center also offers bereavement services to anyone in our community who has experienced a loss. UHR offers three individual sessions to anyone in the community for no charge. There is a minimal fee charged to attend the Bereavement Groups.
Call the United Hospice of Rockland’s Hope & Healing Center at 845.634.4974 or email us at email@example.com for more information or to make an appointment to speak with one of our staff.
- Joe Raso Hospice Residence
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Services