Opportunities for Giving
Opportunities for Giving
United Hospice of Rockland, Inc., is exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations to UHR are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed under law. UHR's Federal Identification Number is 13-3425315.
Below is a list of different opportunities for giving. You can contact UHR's Development Team by calling 845.634.4974 or email email@example.com
- General Donations. To make a tax deductible unrestricted cash gift to support the mission of UHR call 845.634.4974 or make an online donation.
- Memorial Donations: Invite family and friends to make donations to Hospice in memory of your loved one. Be sure to tell your funeral director to add this information to the obituary notice and to have Hospice envelopes available to your family and friends.
- Honorarium Donations: To make a gift in honor of a friend or a loved one for special events such as birthdays or anniversaries call 845.634.4974 or make an online donation.
- Sponsor or attend one of UHR’s Special Events.
- Add a leaf or stone to our Harvey A. Pachter Hospice Family Tree by making a donation to Hospice. In recognition of your gift, we will engrave your leaf or stone with a message that is meaningful to you. Your message will remain part of the tree in perpetuity.
- Join UHR’s Legacy Society. Help to ensure long term security for Hospice in the community by including UHR in your estate or long-term financial plans.
- Give a Gift of Stock. A gift of appreciated stock is a great way to support the work of Hospice. You take a tax-deduction for the fair market value of the stock. Contact UHR’s Director of Development, Lanie Etkind, for more details on stock transfers.
- Allocate your United Way (or SEFA or CFC) contribution to UHR (Just use United Hospice of Rockland organization code #005555. Different United Way Agencies may use different organization codes so check with your employer).
- Ask if your employer has a matching gift program.
- Become a Hospice Hero by going above and beyond for UHR. From organizing a golf outing to benefit UHR to knitting blankets for our patients, these are true heroes. Join the list today.
- Thrift Shops: Donate your gently worn womens or mens designer clothing or household items to any of our participating shops and tell them that UHR is your charity of choice!
United Hospice of Rockland does not sell, trade or share our donors’ personal information with anyone else, nor does the agency send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Opt-out: Individuals may contact United Hospice of Rockland by phone, mail or email to request that their name be removed from all, or specific mailing lists.